Our keynote this year is Kristen Lamb, author of the new best-selling book, “Rise of the Machines–Human Authors in a Digital World” along with #1 best-selling books “We Are Not Alone–The Writer’s Guide to Social Media” and “Are You There, Blog? It’s Me, Writer.”
Conference runs March 26 -28, 2015.
Thursday offers an all-day workshop (The Novelist of the 21st Century) with Kristen Lamb with a “Lunch with the Experts” included.
Thursday evening offers the Writer’s Cafe facilitated by Bart Palamaro.
Two morning Friday morning workshops are in the offering: Self-Pub: “Formatting a Commercial Quality POD Book in CreateSpace” with Bart Palamaro or “Traditional Publishing: The Team” with Chris Richards.
Friday afternoon workshops include “Branding and Social Media” with Kristen Lamb or “It Came From Where?” with Chris Richards.
Friday evening is a whirlwind with its popular Page Cuts. Or you can attend the “Writer Beware: How Not to Get Published” with Richard White. Or practice your pitch with Tina Gallagher and Pattie Giordani. Then comes one of the best things…the Welcome Reception which give you a great way to mingle with other attendees, volunteers and the conference faculty.
As for the rest of conference on Saturday … it’s full of opportunity.
– Pick and choose among 22 interactive sessions with industry leading authors, editors and agents
– Enjoy a continental breakfast, lunch, morning and afternoon snacks.
– Pitch to an agent or editor during your assigned time (Must sign up for these. limited sessions, register early).
– Be entertained and educated with Kristen Lamb’s Keynote speech “Boy Am I Glad I Didn’t Get a Real Job.”
– Enter and/or judge the Flash Fiction writing contest. (Prizes for the winners)
– Extend your library with signed editions with the Book fair.
In the meanwhile, enjoy the interviews and click here for GLVWG’s website for the full schedule.